- Plaice fillets
- Self raising flour
- Salt & pepper
- Cut the skinless plaice fillets into goujons.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Pass the goujons through the flour, then the beaten egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Roll the goujons on the work surface to set a nice rounded shape (see demo).
- Deep fry goujons at 190°C until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and crispy.
- Squeeze with lemon juice and sea salt and serve straight away with the dip.
Flat leaf parsley
Mix the mayonnaise with plenty of chopped baby capers, gherkins and flat parsley to achieve a rustic looking tartare sauce.
Add more seasoning and lemon juice if required.