A creamy bread sauce is often served as a traditional accompaniment to turkey. It’s not difficult to make, simply requiring the heating and stirring of infused milk and bread.
COOK: 10 min
- 1 Medium Onion
- 200g Stale Bread (cut into pieces)
- 1 Litre Whole Milk
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the onion in half, stud each half of the onion with a bay leaf and clove.
- Warm the milk, add the onion and allow to infuse for twenty minutes, then remove.
- Add the pieces of bread and allow to soak up the milk and breakdown.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Make the milk infusion 24 hours in advance ready to finish the bread sauce on Christmas Day.
- Use a whisk when stirring to help break the pieces of bread down quicker.
Perfect Christmas Dinner Videos
- Planning your Christmas Meal
- Main Courses
- Side Dishes