A modern take on the traditional mince pies, these mincemeat and frangipane tarts combine all the flavour of Christmas into one mouth-watering package that will have everyone asking for more.
PREP: 15 min
COOK: 15 min
- 400g Mincemeat
- 500g Puff Pastry
- 140g Softened Butter
- 140g Almonds (ground)
- 2 Eggs
- 140g Sugar
- 1 Lemon Zest
- Roll out the Puff Pastry to approx 5mm thick. Cut out 5cm diameter discs with a cutter and place the discs of pastry into a muffin tin.
- Rest the pastry in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- To make frangipane: Cream together the sugar and softened butter, then slowly add the 2 eggs while mixing continuously. Finish by adding in the ground almonds and lemon zest.
- Remove the tart cases from the fridge and prick the bottom of the pastry using a fork. Then fill the puff pastry tart cases with a teaspoon of mincemeat before piping the frangipane mix over the top.
- Bake at 200°c for 15 minutes.
- Make the mince pies the day before and reheat when required.
- Use self-raising flour for dusting because it is a finer powder.
- A sandwich bag is fine to use as a piping bag for the frangipane.
Perfect Christmas Dinner Videos
- Planning your Christmas Meal
- Main Courses
- Side Dishes