So simple to make these festive frosted hazelnuts are delicious to nibble on through the day as a healthy alternative to chocolates. Make in batches before Christmas and use as a garnish on desserts.
PREP: 10 min
COOK: 10 min
- 100g Hazelnuts (roasted and skinned)
- 100g Sugar
- 100ml Water
- Place the sugar and water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the hazelnuts and stir continuously for approx 6 to 8 minutes.
- The magic happens when the syrup reduces and reverts back to sugar coating each nut in frosted sugar.
- Turn out onto a tray and allow to cool.
- These can be made up to 2 weeks in advance and kept in an air-tight container.
Perfect Christmas Dinner Videos
- Planning your Christmas Meal
- Main Courses
- Side Dishes