This visually appealing dessert that is easy to make and assemble combining the festive flavours of mulled wine, sweat pear, rich ice cream and hazelnut. The perfect way to complete your meal.
COOK: 10 min
- 4 Pears (conference variety)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 4 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 2 Lemons (juice & zest)
- 2 Oranges (juice & zest)
- 300g Castor sugar
- 1 Bottle of red wine
- Peel the pears and cut off a small slice from the bottom of each pear to allow it to stand upright.
- Place in a suitable sized pan and cover the pears in red wine.
- Add all the other ingredients and bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Leave the poached pears to marinate in the mulled wine mixture and refrigerate until required.
- Serve with ice cream and frosted hazelnuts.
- Prepare and cook the poached pears the day before and leave marinating in the mulled wine mixture overnight in the fridge.
- Wrap the lemon and orange in a piece of cellophane and pierce with a knife prior to squeezing to keep the pips out of the pan.
Perfect Christmas Dinner Videos
- Planning your Christmas Meal
- Main Courses
- Side Dishes