Here we will make a simple Pork stuffing with Onion, Chestnuts and seasoning which we will use later to stuff our turkey leg roll joints. You can also use this stuffing in the cavity of the bird, or if you prefer, rolled into balls and oven roasted.
Serves: 8 Prep: 30 mins
- 250g Pork Mince
- 1 Egg
- 75g Diced Onion
- 75g Cooked Chestnuts
- 50g Breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Finely chop your onion and cook over a low heat with a little oil or butter until the onion is softened and fully cooked. Allow to cool.
- Add the egg to the minced pork and mix well.
- Add the cooled softened onion along with the chopped chestnuts and mix well.
- Season with sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Finally add the breadcrumbs, mix well and leave to stand for a couple of minutes to allow the breadcrumbs to absorb into the mixture.
You can prepare your turkey on Christmas Eve and refrigerate ready for cooking the next day.
Perfect Christmas Dinner Videos
- Planning your Christmas Meal
- Main Courses
- Side Dishes