With Roasted Vegetables, Halloumi Cheese & Seeds
- 1 small/medium aubergine
- 100g sweet potato
- 100g butternut squash
- ½ small red onion
- 1 small courgette
- 100g halloumi cheese
- 1 tsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp. sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander
- 30ml sweet chilli sauce
- Thick Greek yoghurt
- Cut the aubergine in half lengthways, cut around the edge with a small knife and make incisions through the flesh of the aubergine in a criss cross. Sprinkle with a little salt and leave for 30 minutes to extract any bitterness.
- Dry the aubergines with a piece of kitchen roll and place into a hot frying pan with a little corn oil flesh side down. Remove from the pan when golden brown and place onto a baking tray into a hot oven 220°C for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut the rest of the sweet potato, squash, red onion and courgette into small pieces and roast in a hot oven coated with a little olive oil for 15 minutes or until soft.
- Slice the halloumi cheese and pass through plain flour and pan fry in a little corn oil for 3 minutes on each side and set a side to cool.
- When the aubergine is cooked remove from the oven, scoop out three quarters of the aubergine and roughly chop.
- In a big bowl mix together the roasted vegetables, about half of the roughly chopped aubergine, sweet chilli sauce, the seeds and chopped coriander, toss gently to mix well.
- Place the mix inside the roasted aubergine shells and place a few slices of pan-fried halloumi on top.
- Roast in a hot oven 200°c for approx 15 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly and serve onto a plate with a quenelle of
- Greek yoghurt on the top and a sprig of coriander to garnish.
- Serve with salad