With artichokes and chanterelles in season I thought it would be good idea to share this recipe!
The fricassee can be enjoyed with some crusty bread and a glass of wine or use it to accompany pork or chicken.
You can replace the artichoke with any vegetable of your choice and if you can’t get chanterelles then replace with your favourite mushroom.
Fricassee of globe artichokes, chanterelles and chorizo
- 4 artichokes hearts, cooked and sliced
- 2 tbsp full fat creme fraiche
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- 80g of frozen or fresh peas
- 10 chanterelle mushrooms
- 50g chorizo, diced
- 1tbsp flat leaf parsley
- Splash of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the shallots and cut the artichokes into small wedges.
- Peel and remove the soul from the garlic and cut into thin slices.
- Remove the outside skin from the chorizo and cut into a small dice or small pieces.
- Clean the chanterelle mushrooms well and cut into smaller pieces if they are large.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and sweat the shallots and garlic until softened.
- Add the chorizo pieces and turn up the heat moving the pan all the time to avoid burning.
- When the chorizo is cooked add the artichoke hearts and mushrooms and continue to cook very quickly.
- Add in the peas and a splash of vegetable stock or water and shake in the creme fraiche in to emulsify the fricassee. Finish with the chopped parsley.
- Taste and season if required and serve with some crusty bread.