Nothing tastes of Christmas quite like Cranberry Sauce. This recipe combines the tart taste of cranberries with a hint of orange – the perfect accompaniment to turkey.
COOK: 20 min
- 400g Frozen Cranberries
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1 Orange (juice & zest)
- Place all the ingredients into a pan and simmer on a low heat for approx 15 minutes. No extra liquid is required as the cranberries will have sufficient moisture to make the sauce.
- Allow the sauce to cool a little before serving.
- This sauce can be made well in advance and stored in the fridge in an airtight container or glass jar and reheated as required.
- Wrap the orange in a piece of cellophane and pierce with a knife prior to squeezing to keep the pips out of the pan.
- Place a piece of baking parchment paper against the grater to avoid having to remove all the bits of zest stuck in the grater.
Perfect Christmas Dinner Videos
- Planning your Christmas Meal
- Main Courses
- Side Dishes