On Monday night we gathered in the lavish headquarters of Yeo Valley for the Food Magazine Reader Awards 2017. Over 100,000 votes had been counted from more than eight thousand of their readers. The public had been asked to vote for their top picks of culinary heroes in categories such as Best Chef, Best Restaurant and Best Cookery School.
We were absolutely delighted to win the Food Magazine Reader Award for Best Cookery School 2017. On hand to represent us were Chef Director, Darrin Hosegrove and Chef Operations Manager, Robert Spencer – pictured below accepting the award.
Also nominated in our category were River Cottage HQ in Axminster, Demuths in Bath, and Philleigh Way Cookery School, Truro. The award itself was sponsored by Salt Media.
To be presented with an award is always a special moment, but one voted for by the public is extra special and the recognition is a great boost to our hard-working team. A massive thank you to everyone who took the time to vote for us.
The Food Magazine Reader Awards help celebrate the wealth of talent that we have right here in the South West. Only a few days ago, 12 of the regions Gastropubs were recognised in the top 50 across the United Kingdom. It’s clear that this is a wonderful time to be in the South West and we are pleased to be playing our part by inspiring thousands of home cooks and aspiring chefs each year to cook with passion and creativity.
Also recognised for services to our region’s culinary prowess this year were…
- Rock Salt Cafe, Plymouth – Best Restaurant
- The Queensbury, Bath – Best Foodie Hotel
- Scott Paton, Boringdon Hall Hotel – Best Chef
- Pete Sanchez-Iglesias, Casamia – Local Food Hero
- Jack in the Green, Rockbeare – Best Foodie Pub
- Exploding Bakery, Exeter – Best Cafe
- Sharp’s Doombar – Best Drink
- Roddas Cornish Cream – Best Foodie Product
- Great Cornish Food Store, Truro – Best Indie Food Retailer
- The Shellfish Pig – Best Street Food
- Trevaskis Farm, Hayle – Best Farm Shop, and
- Sore Mill Cove, Devon – Best Wine List.
You can find out more about the Food Magazine Awards, the grand finalists and the events sponsors here.