“The perfect dessert to complete a meal, light and sweet and so easy to prepare.”
- Serves: 8
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 25 min
- 16 ripe plums
- Unsalted butter
- Caster sugar
- 600ml milk
- 400ml double cream
- 400g caster sugar
- 12 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
Apricot Brandy Syrup
- 150g caster sugar
- 120ml water
- 3 tbsp apricot brandy
- Lightly butter and sugar individual baking dishes or one larger dish.
- Cut the plums in half and remove the stone.
- Cut the plums into slices and loosely scatter into the bottom of the dishes.
- Sieve the plain flour into a bowl and add the caster sugar, ground almonds and salt.
- Mix the eggs, cream and milk together in a separate bowl.
- Gently whisk the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Boil the water and sugar together to create thickened syrup.
- Add the apricot brandy, stir well and brush over the clafoutis. (More apricot brandy maybe added for a stronger flavour.)
- Pour the batter over the plums.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for approx. 20 – 25 minutes. The pudding should have risen more around the edges and should have just set in the middle.
- The cooking time may vary according to the size of your baking dish.
- Remove from the oven, brush with apricot brandy syrup and serve with clotted cream.