News & Blogs
“A delicious, rich soup that is packed with flavour.
A lovely start to your meal.”
- Serves: 4 (or 8 as an Amuse Bouche)
- Prep: 25 min
- Cook: 10 min
- 500g Butternut squash
- 1 Onion (medium)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 25ml Virgin olive oil
- 20g Fresh ginger
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Chopped chives
- Prepare the butternut by removing the skin and the seeds.
- Chop into even sized pieces.
- Chop the onion and garlic.
- Peel the ginger and finely grate.
- Heat a large enough pan and sweat the onions and garlic in the olive oil until softened.
- Add the ginger and continue to cook to develop the flavours.
- Add the pieces of butternut and cover with vegetable stock bring to the boil and simmer until the pumpkin is soft enough to liquidise. Top up with vegetable stock if necessary.
- Blend on a high speed in a liquidiser and season with salt and pepper.
- Taste, add more seasoning if necessary and re-blend until the soup is velvety smooth.
- Serve into small cups or bowls and garnish the top with feathered cream and chopped chives.