With the wild garlic well and truly here i thought i would share this deliciously seasonal recipe with you.
The recipe can be adapted to your tastebuds and larder essentials and goes especially well with oily fish and cold cooked meats.
Wild Garlic, Walnut and Goats cheese Pesto
- 100g wild garlic, stalks removed
- 40g wild rocket
- 40g walnuts
- 50g Hard Goats cheese
- 200ml Olive oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Place the wild garlic, rocket and walnuts in food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil whilst pulsing until a dropping consistency is achieved.
- Scrape the pesto into a bowl and stir in the goat’s cheese. Season with salt and little sugar to counter act the slight bitterness of the wild garlic.
- Place in a sterilised kilner jar, top with a little olive and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.